That bald guy again!!
Among some of those things that bother people in this world, having baldness or suffering from hair loss gives you headaches.
It is one problem that continues to dim the shining light in most of us. However, there are a number of ways in which such a glow in your life can be regained. If looking for a cure for hair loss, then you are at the right place.
From a wide range of products, we have compiled a list of seven such cures for you. In order for you to get that hair loss cure that you are looking for, a review will be availed for each remedy. It is our desire that you will be able to say goodbye to your predicament and cure hair loss permanently.
As far as most of you are concerned, the remedies that are going to be under review will be varied from surgical to chemical.
As such these hair cures which will be under scrutiny will be some of the best on the market and you will be able to choose one to cure hair loss and also what you can afford.
Before dwelling much into choosing the ideal cure for hair loss, we will first of all seek to unveil the root problem: hair loss. If we can get to grips with what hair loss is then we will be able to easily identify the panacea.
For this reason, let us not waste time and get to understand everything surrounding hair loss and later look for that perfect remedy.
What really is hair loss and its causes?
Hair loss is also known simply as baldness or scientifically called Androgenic Alopecia. From a layman point of view, this is a condition which affects both men and women and characterized by thinning or loss of hair from the scalp.
Often, those who suffer from this condition will have little or no hair at all at the affected area of the head. However, you may find a cure for hair loss in the next sections.
Some may blame stress or other lifestyles for the loss of hair but you will be surprised as to what really causes this condition. Hair loss is caused by the following factors if we take it loosely from the scientific name:
- Androgens (Hormones) – as mentioned in some of our articles before, if you have a huge amount of DHT; it affects the rate of growth of healthy hair. As it works against testosterone, this hormone produces chemicals that promote the loss of hair.
- Genes – again genetics plays a crucial role when it comes to hair loss. Thus if you need a hair loss cure, your biological make up or DNA have some influence. If your DNA is more vulnerable to hair loss, maybe that will be root cause of your nemesis – hair loss. Nevertheless, cures are there that can work with your genes to correct this situation.
- Age – when you advance in age, chances of losing hair also go up just loss in memory as well as other senses. However, hair loss is mainly due to genes and hormones.
What to do when choosing Effective and Most Popular Hair Loss Cures
You will find it beneficial when looking for an ideal cure for hair loss that it ought to be effective.
Firstly, an effective hair loss cure should limit hormonal influence to trigger any changes in your scalp. Coupled with genetic changes, your hair follicles will be gradually be rejected by your body so hair growth halts. So a good cure ought to rectify this.
Secondly, it should be able to stimulate hair growth in spite of the hormonal influence. It is true that hair will be reaching its miniature phase if hormones and genes make that unholy alliance to diminish hair growth so strong remedy will be needed to foster growth.
Lastly an effective cure for hair loss has to calm the scalp of any inflammations that occur as a result of the changes caused by genes and hormones. Who can ever endure such discomfort that inflammation comes with? So there is
Who can ever endure such discomfort that inflammation comes with? So there is need for hair loss cure that can stand up and provide therapeutic effects to the user.
In general, these hair loss cures can be branched into three major groups namely:
- Anti-androgens (DHT Inhibitors) – these provide a barrier against the influx of DHT or even their possibility of flooding in the blood. In this way the hormones will be not be able to reach the hair follicles to contribute in hair loss or thinning hair.
- Growth Stimulants – this category consists of cures of hair loss which aim at dealing with both the causes of thinning hair as well as facilitating for the growth of stronger hair. By being there this hair loss cure will prevent hair loss while simultaneously re-growing a healthier breed of hair.
- Anti-inflammatories – this is a group of cures for hair loss which are essential after the other maintenance cures mentioned above are applied to soothe the affected areas. These are invaluable in dealing with any cases of swelling, redness, itching or sores. If you decide not to apply these, then your hair loss therapy will not be complete.
However, you should bear in mind that for you to really enjoy using any hair loss cure, you need to consult with your physician.
Even though lasting solutions are there, so are the side effects. Therefore, due care and diligence should be taken when considering a particular method to deal with your predicament. Your solution waits in the next paragraphs.
Now that you are aware of the causes of hair loss and what to look for when looking for that particular cure for hair loss, you now need to know the specific cures. It is crucial really to cure hair loss and the following sections will guide you to a variety of 7 most popular hair loss cures for 2016.
See Also: Best Hair Loss Treatment
The 7 Most Popular Hair Loss Cures
VAMPIRE PRP (PLATELET RICH PLASMA)
This is one of the hair loss cure methods which are quite popular for both sexes. With results coming out in the first half of the minimum eight session’s treatment, this has indeed won the hearts of many.
Don’t be intimidated by the name “Vampire”, it’s just a technical term as some of your blood is drawn out in process just as a vampire does it – if you remember Dracula.
PRP is an intense amount of blood plasma (a blood constituent) which is five-fold the usual number of platelets that will be in blood circulation.
Platelets are another component found in the blood that is rich in protein (amino acids). Its purpose is mainly blood clotting whenever you have a wound, regeneration of cells and to stimulate healing in any part of the body.
This cure for hair loss made its debut into the medical arena in the last two decades. You simply receive an injection of platelet rich plasma which contains your own body’s blood for self-healing.
By the simple introduction of platelet rich plasma to the damaged hair follicles, the properties of healing and regeneration are intensified. In this process it works as a growth stimulant.
- It strengthens hair follicles.
- Thickens the existing hair.
- Makes use of your own blood for patient specific healing.
- Has a quick turnover period.
- Not easily available in most health centers.
- It is still under study as most practitioners have not grasped it fully.
For those who prefer to make use of an over the counter hair loss cure, this can be relieving. This is another growth stimulant that has been proven to offer relief in terms of hair loss. Its scientific effects surrounding how it works in the treatment of hair loss is however, not fully comprehensive.
Still, a lot of philosophies have been propounded so as to fully understand how this medication regrows hair.
For your convenience, this hair loss treatment can be found in either foam or liquid versions for both men and women. For those who opt for the foam type, it quickly turns into liquid and is lighter also with 5% Minoxidil as well as a short drying period.
On the other hand, the liquid format has 2% Minoxidil, thicker and takes a long time to dry.
- Effectively promotes hair growth.
- Requires no prescription.
- Hair usually regrows in 3-6 months.
- Increased loss of hair.
- Burning sensation.
- Irritation and scalp dryness.
- Growth of unwanted hair.
LASER HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
The most common and popular laser technology based hair loss remedy is low level laser therapy (LLLT). It makes use of sophisticated devices that emit a beam of light that can be exposed to the scalp between 8 to 15 minutes per session.
Generally, you will be amazed to learn that it is safe and can also be used in the treatment of other various medical conditions. It is however a very strong growth stimulant for hair.
Other names given to this hair loss treatment are bio stimulation, red light therapy, soft laser and cold laser.
If using it at home you can purchase a laser comb alternatively at salons there are specially manufactured hoods for the procedure to go on apart from just getting the service at clinics.
The generally accepted theory is that the therapy increases blood flow to the scalp, stimulating the follicles and encouraging them to produce more hair.
In the same vein, experts say that the lasers rejuvenate ageing cells, helping the hair to regrow.
- Safe to use.
- Can be used in association with other hair loss treatments such as Minoxidil.
- Portable if using a home device
DEMERITS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- Tingling and itching of scalp.
- Quite expensive.
- Less effective for people with major hair loss.
- Needs consistency and lots of commitment.
- Once you start using laser therapy you are bound to it forever.
- Can not be used by everyone.
FOLLICULAR UNIT’S EXTRACTION TECHNIQUE (FUE)
Follicular Unit Extraction Technique (FUE) is a procedure meant to cure hair loss and it involves the direct removal of healthy hair follicles from the scalp and then grafting each one into the areas affected by baldness.
For your own information, it is reported that this is the same procedure that Wayne Rooney went through.
If you’re going for this procedure, the back of your scalp will be shaved off. After that, the doctor will subsequently remove each of the needed hair follicles that donor area.
By making small, invisible dots, the operation will be complete and your existing hair will be able to cover this area.
- Does not leave a linear scar on the worked areas
- Recovery from the surgery is usually under 7 days
- Minimal post surgery pain
- Can give very natural results
- Transplanted hair follicles are immune from the DHT in the recipient area
DEMERITS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- Hair thinning(shock loss)
- Very challenging procedure for novice surgeons
- Tedious and uncomfortable procedure.
- Costly as numerous sessions have to be conducted.
- Bald patches
- Hiccups (post-operation)
STEM CELL THERAPY
A very safe type of a non-surgical hair transplant method for the treatment of hair loss is Stem Cell Therapy. However, this is done in a way that is totally different from the previous method mentioned above. It can be do in a few stages, making it convenient for you.
In the first stage, some of your hair follicles are plucked from your scalp. After that they are processed and cultured in a laboratory in order to come up with a bigger number than the extracted ones.
As soon as 15 or 20 days after the above mentioned processes are through, we go to stage two.
This will be the insertion of the processed hair follicles into the affected area of your scalp. It is also closely linked to PRP which is another procedure for this therapy.
- Safest way in the regrowth of hair
- Can be taken up by men and women of all ages
- Cost effective
- Very little discomfort
- Quick recovery period – noticeable results within a month!
- Can be done in a few sessions
- Improves hair quality and texture
- No side effects have been reported for now
This is one of the promising methods in the treatment of hair loss which is still under research. Hair cloning is often termed as Hair Multiplication Technique.
It is carried out by taking out a sample of the hair follicle cells that can be used in the hair germination process. Then, in the lab, they are combined with various forms of cultures thus multiplying in this process.
Subsequently, these processed hair follicle cells are placed to the scalp of the recipient. In this process, the cells are thus expected to promote the growth of new hair follicles. However, a number of gaps ought to be filled for it to be fully embraced.
- The collected cells can multiply into infinite amounts without any hindrances as compared to hair transplants.
- It is an easy and non-aggressive method of extracting germinating hair cells
- Plucking hair will generally yield a type of hair which will have inadequate cells to prompt the formation of a new follicle on the receiving site
- The most significant hairs that can induce hair growth may be harvested in limited amounts hence not result in desired results
- Can potentially cause skin cancer due to issues of cell division
- Could be a very expensive procedure
- Hair density, distribution, direction, texture and color may differ as a result of this process.
It is also a non-surgical treatment for thinning hair and hair loss hair. By making use of Extra Cellular Matrix (ECM), Vitamin D and PRP it utilizes the adult stem cell based wound healing properties.
This method simply reverses the cycle of hair thinning which brings about hair loss due to its components.
ECM is endowed among others with regeneration properties crucial for hair growth; Vitamin D is beneficial in the hair cell transformation so that they become healthy while PRP is an isolated serum drawn from the patient’s blood for the hair’s regenerative healing and growth.
The formula also contains other ingredients which offer anti- inflammatory benefits to the patient.
- Higher chances for the growth of new hair
- Lasts longer as compared to other methods
- Takes less treatment
- Stops any progressive hair loss
- The recipient area heals faster
- Effective for those with inadequate donor hair
- Quick effective and painless
- None so far
I have to mention that I had my FUE operation 4 years ago. I am extremely happy with my decision at the moment. I have tried most of these treatments and all of them are effective in one way or another.
If you feel like it is early to take care of your hair, please don’t…Early is better. Once you lose your hair, believe me, it takes a lot of time and effort to get them back.
So there you have it, it seems the new methods in hair loss treatment have a long way to go and can be the panacea to baldness.
As more research continues to be done, it is our encouragement to you that you should make a careful choice from these. You only live once!