Top 5 Best Home Laser Removal to have an attractive body
So you have heard wonderful things about IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) hair removal systems and you think it may be the answer to getting rid of your unwanted hairs. Although most people who tried it got amazing results, a lot of them had to pay through their nose for it. Clinics charge a ton for IPL treatments, and you’ll have to schedule a number of sessions with them.
This high cost, and the advancement in technology, has resulted in a rapid growth in the number of IPL systems you can conveniently and comfortably use at home for a fraction of the cost. Then comes the million dollar question- which laser machine should I buy, what with the plethora of devices on the market? But first,
What Is IPL Hair Removal and does it work?
IPL is short for Intense Pulse Light.
It is a kind of light therapy used for various dermatological procedures including hair removal. It isn’t like ordinary laser treatments, which have just one specific wavelength, hence limited hair removal effect. IPL uses multiple wave lengths (all between 500 and 1200 nanometers) that scatter within the skin to cut unwanted hair. As with all light-based treatments, IPL works by emitting a wavelength into the skin, which in the case of hair removal targets pigment.
IPL hair removal devices are ideal for those who have a stark contrast between their skin and their hair. If you have dark skin and dark hair, you risk burning your actual skin with IPL. However if your hair color is medium to light or red in hue the IPL’s sensor won’t detect it.
You also need more than one IPL treatment to get noticeable changes. This is because hair has to be living to be affected by the light pulses to work-surprisingly only 20-40% of the hairs on your body at any given time are alive!
So here are a few things you should consider before buying an IPL hair removal device for home use:
- The color of your skin
If you have black or dark skin, IPL treatment is not for you as the light could seriously damage your skin .All IPL devices will either come with a skin-color chart to tell you what intensity setting to use or an in-built skin sensor that will set the intensity for you. If your skin is too dark, the system simply won’t let you use. So, don’t waste your money buying one and finding out that it refuses to work.
- The color of hair being treated
If you are treating red, grey or light blonde hair, then the IPL light will not be absorbed into the hair follicle and therefore, won’t be very effective.
- The area of your body you are looking to treat
If you are looking to treat a very specific or sensitive area, then it is best to look for an IPL device with a filter attachment that keeps the light in a concentrated area. Also, if it’s a tricky area, then you’d probably find it easier to use a battery-powered IPL system that does not have a power cable getting in the way.
- The size of the area you need to treat
If you are treating a smaller area such as your face, genital line or maybe your arms or armpits, then it won’t take long to complete each session. However, if you are treating a larger area such as your legs or torso, then this can take significantly longer and some of the battery-powered devices might not keep their charge long enough to complete the session in one go.
To recharge them, it takes only about an hour or two, but it’s a bit annoying and you may therefore want to go for a mains-powered IPL system instead. If you are going to be treating a larger area, consider the following:
- The size of the treatment head on the IPL device-the larger it is, the more skin you will treat with each flash.
- The flash life of the IPL laps- this can vary greatly and could be quickly used up on multiple treatments of large areas.
- The speed of the pulse and the general ease of use- many IPL devices come with a single, manual flash for specific areas and rapid multi-flash for treating larger areas.
- Your budget
At-home IPL devices are an investment. And as with most things, you pay for what you get. You have to consider your budget to determine which model or device to buy.
Here’s something you can do to save some money: when manufacturers of these IPL systems release new versions, you can pick a perfectly older version (excluding some features you might not really care about) at a significantly reduced rate since these manufacturers are constantly trying to outdo one another.
Secondly, it’s a competitive market now and there are frequent discounts being offered by retailers. So, you could just pick one of these products that perfectly suit your need at a discounted price.
- Safety and FDA-Approval
Any laser hair removal device whether for professional or for use at home, should be approved by the FDA. It should be safe and effective for permanent hair reduction. At-home devices are required by the FDA to operate at lower levels than the powerful lasers used by medically trained professionals. They also need to have appropriate built-in safety mechanisms to gain official approval.
It’s not wise to purchase any device which does not have this endorsement.
- Power Levels/Settings
The efficacy and speed at which desired results can be achieved will be affected by the power level of the device. Having a range of settings is useful because different parts of the body are sensitive than each other. Because you will experience some degree of pain, it’s best to start the lowest level light as a test, for each area, and then increase as desired to the maximum level found to be comfortable.
- Visual Alerts/ LED Display
There are various visual alerts available:
- Low Battery Light Indicator
- Light Cartridge Replacement
- LED displaying various information. E.g. pulse duration, power level in use, etc.
These features are good to have, for convenience, but only you can decide which, if any, are worth paying extra for.
- Replacement Parts
Some IPL devices require replacing light cartridges, each of which contains a certain number of flashes. The cost might vary considerably, and it is well worth checking these out prior to purchase. It could be a false economy if the initial cost is low compared to other models on the market; its number of flashes in the cartridge is lower and the cost of replacement higher. That been said, let’s take a look at the list of top five at-home laser hair removal devices. Each of these at-home laser hair removal machines requires you to take some time to deliver the best results.
Treatments involve slowly gliding your at-home hair remover across a targeted area such as your arms or legs, and allowing the hair remover to send light pulses to small sections of your skin. Some claim to be effective in just three treatments over six weeks. Others suggest the treatment time may be longer to be most effective. Also, some of these laser hair removal devices deliver light pulses faster than others, meaning the time you spend treating your body’s hairy parts. It’s an “Au Revoir” to shaving, waxing and creaming your body. Why not start shopping sooner than later and start zapping away!
Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X
Manufactured by Tria Beauty Inc, the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is an FDA- cleared –at-home hair removal laser. It is specially designed with advanced features to deliver professional, permanent results and a laser-smooth skin from head-to-toe.
It uses professional-strength laser hair removal technology, preferred by most dermatologists, to deliver70% hair reduction within a period of three months. Tria are truly the leaders in home hair removal technology. Also, the scientists that invented the Tria Laser 4X invented the laser technology for laser clinics, guaranteeing a hundred percent safety.
Where can I buy it?
For those in the UK, it is sold on Amazon at a discounted price of Eur300.00 as opposed to its original price of Eur375.00, thereby giving you a 20% discount.
As for those in the US, you can purchase it on Amazon at$449.00.
If you’re elsewhere, check either of the above retailers if shipping is available to your country.
Where Can I Use the Tria Laser 4X?
You can use the Tria Hair Removal Laser on your entire body (including the face-from the cheek line downwards). You can use it on your arms, legs, back, underarms, feet, hand, chest and stomach.
How does it work?
The Tria Laser targets the pigment in your hair and permanently disables the hair follicle’s ability to regrow hair.
Some superb features of the Tria Laser 4X includes faster treatment times, a digital display and a pulse counter to make sure you are operating it correctly to get the best possible results. You can try using Tria Beauty’s Smooth Start Calming Gel along with it because at-home laser hair removal can be painful.
Also, the Tria Beauty Finishing Serum helps the skin after each treatment. Tria also makes a smaller precision laser hair removal at a lower price of just $299, which is perfect for your upper lip and armpits.
Moisturizing laser treatment skin can be tricky, as it may be super sensitive after treatment. To solve that problem, try Tria’s Beauty Super C Brightening Moisturizer made especially for laser treated skin.
- New and Improved.
- See results in as few as two treatments, freedom from shaving in as little as 3 months.
- Professional laser hair removal at a fraction of the cost of in-office visits.
- FDA-cleared, safe and effective for permanent results.
- Easy to use with digital display for guidance and 5 comfort settings.
- The recharge time is reasonable and unlike other devices, it can be used for over half an hour at a stretch, hence, making it user friendly.
- 1st FDA-Approved At-Home Laser Hair Removal Device
The Tria Laser 4X was the very first machine to be approved by the FDA for hair removal at home. According to reviewers, the backing of the FDA makes them feel safe when using the Tria Home Hair Removal Laser and also lets them keep using it without worrying about trauma to their skin.
- Automatic Skin Tone Sensor
Tria Laser 4X emits a laser called diode ray which means it is the most effective, permanent and safest hair removal laser . The Tria Laser has its own internal skin sensor, making sure you don’t make any mistakes in terms of skin tone. It also prevents you from hurting yourself.
- Easy to Use/ Multiple Settings/LED Screen with many features
As a basic precaution with any laser device that you buy, you must read the instructions. However, with Tria’s big LED screen, it is so easy to navigate the settings and features including the skin sensor, comfort settings, energy levels, pulse counter, battery life and lock feature.
The recommended time to see results for body parts is six weeks. However, many people said they saw effects after the third treatment, giving Tria a thumbs up. Most people said they noticed they were relatively hairless after this time, making them feel more confident and less self-conscious, since their skin is now as smooth as a baby’s tush.
- Long-term benefits
The initial upfront cost admittedly might be expensive, but if you calculate the costs of trips to dermatologists which would cost you bucks and lots of gas if you own a car, the product is still is a far better option. There are no on-going costs, no cartridge replacement costs ever. Hence, it is far less expensive than professional laser treatments.
Compared to other hair removal laser devices, the product is relatively affordable.
- It is not suitable for all hair types. The Tria Laser 4X is not to be used for white, grey, blonde or red hair types.
- It hurts. For those with low pain tolerance, it is advisable to start at a lower level and work up. However, this will affect the effectiveness of the laser.
- You can’t use it on areas with tattoos.
- It takes time and patience.
- Some people might have a problem with the fact that it requires charging. However, an at-home laser hair removal device that is re-chargeable any day is a far better option over having
- power cords and bulky equipment.
Why is Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X the safest machine to buy?
The Tria Laser was invented by the same scientists who founded and invented the professional laser for use in salons. This is their second invention; an at-home laser hair removal for everyday people to be used safely in the comfort of their homes.
It is the safest laser hair removal machine on the market because the way the Tria Laser is designed, it provides for direct and accurate targeting of the hair follicle. This ensures that the machine focuses on damaging the hair follicle, without causing any damage to the surrounding skin tissue.
Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001 Hair Removal System
If you’re new or just starting out at laser hair removal, this is the best bet for you.
With the Braun/ Gillette Venus Silk-expert IPL, hair removal treatments are a breeze. The SensoAdaptTM skin tone sensor checks your skin and selects the best intensity level before every flash. The glide mode and quick flash repetition rate lets you treat large areas in twice the normal time. It’s fast, safe and straightforward and so, it’s great for beginners.
How does it work?
Venus Silk expert is a new contemporary option among IPL devices. It works beneath the skin’s surface by targeting the melanin in the hair follicle, helping to break the cycle of hair re-growth. With continuous, regular use, it helps prevent unwanted hair from reaching the skin surface.
Skin tone varies across different parts of the body, with each tone requiring a specific energy level to target the melanin. Only this machine has the unique SensoAdaptTM skin tone sensor which continuously reads your skin tone at an amazing 80 times per second. It then automatically adapts the light intensity for best efficacy and safety. A leg or arm can be treated in just 8 minutes, without compromising on effectiveness.
Is it easy to use?
Yes. The device is a chic white hand-held applicator with a satin rose gold treatment head. It has patterned air vents on the underside and LED strip lights along each side. With just 2 buttons at top, the minimalist design boasts simplicity and ease of use. It’s balanced and feels good in your hands.
Where to buy it: The Gillette Venus Silk-expert IPL powered by Braun is available in the US. In the UK and Europe, it’s called the Braun Silk-expert IPL. Both Gillette and Braun are Procter&Gamble brands. P&G has a partnership deal with Cyden Ltd, who produces the device.
The product is sold in combination with a Gillette Venus Razor, Braun facial cleanser or Braun body exfoliator. The Gillette Venus Silk-expert can be purchased online at Amazon.
- Silk-expert IPL device
- Power adaptor
- User manual
- Gillette Venus razor(IPL5001) or
- Sonic body exfoliator(BD 5008) or
- Facial cleansing brush (BD 5009).
- Sold at $341.35(22 percent off MSRP).
- The skin tone sensor checks and selects the perfect intensity level for your skin before every flash.
- The skin tone sensor is particularly convenient for medium-dark skin tones.
- The fastest treatment time available at higher intensity levels-from just 8minutes to treat a full leg.
- Effective in reducing hair regrowth.
- Fits well in hand.
- Elegantly simple and comfortable to use. Especially great for beginners.
- Enough full body treatment to last 6 years of monthly use.
- Online reviewers love it.
- A treatment calendar, reminders and track your progress on your phone with the Braun Silk-expert IPL App.
- Exfoliators and facial cleanser brush available with the device are an attractive bonus product.
- It still hurts
- It is relatively expensive
- It’s not suitable for the darkest skin tones.
- Some customers complained the original packaging is not compact or sturdy enough to store it in.
- It could be improved with a smaller treatment window for the upper lip and other uneven and tricky areas.
Suitable body hair colors
You can use it on black, dark brown, brown, dark blonde hair and light to medium dark skin tones. You can’t use it on light blonde, red, grey, white, brownish black and darker skin tones. Also, it can’t be applied on dark brown or black spots such a s warts, moles or birthmarks.
Is the Silk-expert IPL of good value?
The 3cm square treatment window and 120,000 flashes gives you a maximum treatment area of 360,000cm square. That’s enough for around 90 full body treatments. After the 12-week start-up phase, this will last more than five years of monthly top-up treatments. Braun claims it’s actually good for up to 6 years of monthly top-ups.
That’s great value and plenty treatments. If you will be treating smaller areas, then it will last even longer.
N.B: General usage and wear and tear can affect how long the machine works.
Most customers were so loved-up about the body exfoliator and facial cleanser brush. Apart from being an added bonus, they add value because they are relevant in helping you get a super-smooth skin.
The User manual
The US and UK version of the user manual are slightly different. The US version is a little easier to follow. It has a more logical order of information and a friendlier tone of voice.it also has the clinical trial results, which you would most likely find reassuring.
There’s lots of information in the user manuals. You will find helpful diagrams, information on how IPL works and how to use the Silk-expert IPL. You will also find instruction on carrying on caring for your device and troubleshooting any problems.
Please note that for men, the device should be applied on shoulders and below (chest, back, arms, stomach, legs).
CAUTION: Do not use on the face, neck or genital area. Usage on male beards or facial hair may lead to permanent or uneven results which may produce changes in facial characteristics that may not be desirable.
Remington IPL 62501 I-Light Essential Hair Removal Device
Manufactured by Remington, the Remington IPL62501 remains ever popular, and this model is no exception. It gives a good amount of treatment, so it’s a great choice, but especially for treating smaller areas like underarms, genital line, and forearms.
With a skin tone sensor and ergonomic design, it is very easy to use. Remington gives an extended 3-year warranty-that’s the longest of all home use devices. They have a strong reputation and track record.
- Remington iLight IPL6250 device
- 3cm square body attachment
- Multi-voltage power cable
- User manual
- Lint-free cleaning cloth
Suitable skin tones and hair colors
You can use it on black, brown, dark brown, dark blonde hair and light to mid brown skin tones (Fitzpatrick skin types I-IV).
You can’t use it on light blonde, red, grey, white, dark brown, brownish black and darker skin tones (Fitzpatrick V and VI), or on freckles and moles.
Is the Remington iLight good value?
It has an intriguing “infinity bulb” which actually has 65,000 flashes. The body attachment is 3cm square so you can treat a total of 195,000cm square of hairy body areas.
195,000cm square is enough for around 50 full body treatments (full legs, underarms and genital area) which could last around 3 years of monthly top-ups. Remington confirms this and says the flashes should last at least as long as the extended 3 year warranty period.
In the UK, the IPL6250 model can be bought at Amazon at Eur135.36 (below Eur200).
Is the IPL 6250 easy to use?
It is designed with a main-powered base unit and corded hand-held wand. The cord to the wand is about 1.7metres; it’s thick and doesn’t tangle. It wraps around the base unit and the wand sits in a cradle on top, making it neat and easy to store. The ergonomic wand is very easy to handle, light, comfortable, easy to grip and press the flash button.
The manual introduces you to the device and how IPL works, how to use it, your skin test, caring for the device, troubleshooting any problems and frequently asked questions it is comprehensive, but it isn’t as easy to follow as others. the layout is crowded, thus, it’s not easy to absorb the most salient information in the manual.
Choose your intensity level during skin test
Remington suggest you combine your skin sensitivity test and choosing an intensity level into one. So, unlike other brand devices, there’s no skin type and intensity level guide in the user manual.
This is what you do. After shaving, and checking your skin with the skin tone sensor, simply start at the lowest level (1) and flash your skin. If that’s comfortable, move up a level and repeat (on a different spot).Stop if it becomes uncomfortable or painful. Wait for 24hours and if there’s no reaction, continue with your treatment at the highest level that was comfortable.
- It contains all the safety and treatment features you’d expect.
- In the UK, it sells below Eur200.
- Good choice for all treatment types, especially small areas like underarms, genital line and the forearms.
- Fast treatment on small areas.
- Its mains powered. So, there’s no need to charge it.
- Very easy to use.
- Built- in UV skin protection.
- FDA cleared and CE marked (EU declaration of conformity to meet safety requirements).
- Extended 3 years warranty from Remington.
- Remington is a reliable and trusted brand.
- Other devices provide more full body treatments.
- Slow treatment times on larger areas like legs.
- The cord sometimes gets in the way.
- Not suitable on darker tones.
- The skin tone sensor is awkward to use because it’s in the base unit.
- The skin tone sensor won’t select your intensity level.
- Some reviewers claimed the Remington customer support was very slow.
Suited to all treatments, especially smaller areas
- Treats a total body area of 195,000cm square.
- 50 full body treatments to last three years.
- Treats smaller areas 130 times/5+ years.
- Underarms take 2 minutes.
CAUTION: this device is not suitable for facial treatments. Make sure you use in a well-lit room so the flashes don’t seem overly bright. You don’t need goggles as the flashes won’t harm your eyes, but do try to look away from each flash. When the iLight powers up, you will hear the fans inside it whirring to keep it cool.
Luma RX IPL Hair Removal Device
The Luma RX IPL at-home hair removal device claims it is up to a 94 percent reduction of unwanted hair. Pioneered by one of the nation’s leading dermatologists, Luma Rx utilizes IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology, which is one of the most effective technologies for long-lasting hair removal. It’s also the same technology used by skin care professionals. This therefore, gives you the same benefits of professional treatments in an at-home device for convenient, customized use.it Is ideal for small and large areas all over the body including underarms ,genital line area, arms, legs, chest and stomach.
Luma Rx claims to be bigger, faster, and better than the competition for the following reasons
- Better Coverage: the size of the Luma Rx’s treatment window promises to give better coverage and in faster treatment times.
- Reduced Hot Spots: the Luma Rx claims to use cutting-edge filters that are more similar to that of professional devices, resulting in a more uniform output of energy. They claim that this reduces uncomfortable “hotspots” sometimes experienced when using other at-home IPL devices.
- 2x Better Results: according to the website, in separate clinical studies, Luma Rx delivered a 66% hair reduction 12 months after three treatments.
- Small and easy to handle for facial areas.
- Highly rated by Amazon purchasers.
- It hurts
- It requires time and patience
- It is not effective on light blonde, red, grey or white hair.
- It may be too small to tackle large areas.
- Unlike other devices, it needs to be replaced with cartridges.
How does the Luma RX work?
Luma Rx is intended for the removal of body hair for both men and women. However, for facial hair, it is approved for females only. This distinction is mentioned in case you start thinking Luma RX would be a great substitute for daily shaving.
Additionally, Luma Rx is only intended for use on light to medium skin tones. It is best used on dark hair. Men who are looking to remove chest hair and back hair should consider the Luma Rx Full Body Laser. With a 3cm square treatment window and 65,000 flashes, the full-body device is ideal for larger areas of use and more intensive treatments.
Don’t know if you have sufficient contrast between your hair and skin tones? That’s okay! The Luma Rx come s with a built-in skin tone tester that is designed to help prevent treating skin that may be too dark.
Once you are ready to get started, using the device is a fairly straightforward method that is broken down into three steps on the product’s website.
- Light-based technology emits light energy that penetrates deep into the skin to reach the hair root.
- The heat stuns the active hair follicles, which breaks the hair growth cycle and helps prevent future hair growth.
- The treated hair then falls out within 7 to 10 days.
It’s suggested that you treat areas once every two weeks, for a total of three treatments during the course of one month. You can also use Luma Rx for periodic touch-up treatments to remove any remaining hair.
How much does Luma RX cost?
Luma RX costs four payments of $99.75($399 total) on the product’s official website. However, it has not been determined if any additional fees or shipping costs are included.
Although Luma RX is available for purchase on Amazon.com for a slightly higher final price of $449, it is worth noting that the device has earned a solid five-star average from at least 26 purchases, most of which appear verified.
The Luma Rx will require new cartridges after an undetermined number of uses. Undetermined, not only because of wear and tear, but also because the product’s website failed to specify how many uses you get out of each cartridge.
When purchasing on the product’s official website becomes available, your Luma Rx is backed by a 90-day guarantee. However, please note that purchasing Luma Rx through Amazon may result in varying return and warranty options depending on the shelf-each of which should be researched before each purchase.
Phillips Lumea SC 2009 IPL Hair Remover
hair removal laserThe Phillips Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System promises silky smooth skin. Gentle and effective even on the most sensitive areas of the body, this light-based system uses IPL technology to deliver up to 75 percent hair reduction after only four treatments or two months(when used bi-weekly on lower legs).
It comes with a skin tone sensor to ensure your skin and hair tone are suitable as well as five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment.
The Phillips Lumea Comfort is intended for use only on light to medium skin tones and on naturally dark, blond, brown, and black hair.
Unlike other brands, Phillips Lumea Comfort does not require any replacement parts. The device provides six years of full body treatments with no replacement lamps.
Its ergonomic shape makes it easy to handle and aim the laser in even those hard to reach places.
- 1x Phillips Lumea Salon IPL Handle
- 1x body attachment
- 1x face attachment
- 1x genital area attachment
- 1x storage pouch
- 1x power adapter
- 1x user manual
- 1x cordless design
- 5 intensity levels
- 2 treatment modes: slide and flash, and step and flash.
How does it work?
The Lumea SC2009/00, manufactured by Phillips is a complete at-home hair removal system that includes three attachments: one for the body, one for the face, and one for the genital area. These attachments make it easier and more comfortable to remove hair from these key (sometimes sensitive) areas.
One thing most reviewers loved about this was its cordless design. Many IPL systems are corded, which is fine, but requires you to stay near an outlet for your treatments. With the SC2009/00, you are free to roam wherever you want.
The Lumea was developed with the help of dermatologists and scientists, so it’s safe to use and surprisingly simple to operate.
- Select your desired intensity level (there are five to choose from).
- Turn on the unit, and press the tip of the device on your skin.
- Wait until the light flashes, and press the button.
- Slide the device across your treatment area; avoid flashing the same area twice.
Phillips includes a chart for guidance on which level to choose based on your skin tone and hair color.
Like with most other IPL systems, the SC2009/00 is not compatible with:
- Light blonde, red, grey or white hair.
- Dark skin.
There are two modes that let you customize your treatments:
- Slide and Flash: Great for quick treatment of large areas, like the legs. Just glide the device across your skin for fast results.
- Step and Flash: ideal for targeted areas, like the genital area.
It takes about 15 minutes to treat legs, which is a small time commitment considering it delivers up to 8 weeks of hair-free skin.
- Easy to use.
- Delivers up to eight weeks of smooth skin.
- Cordless design is convenient.
- Less painful than other IPL systems
- Very portable.
- Greatly reduces hair growth.
- The three attachments make hair removal a breeze.
- Five intensity levels allow you to choose the right level for your skin/hair type.
- Not compatible with all skin tones and hair colors
- It hurts.
- Eye protection recommended.
- Long list of restrictions of use.
If you are new to IPL systems, then the price may send you running, but if you are looking for long-lasting at-home hair removal, the Lumea SC2009/00 is highly recommended.